Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well I have the winter cover on the pool. I still have to hang sandbags (plastic grocery sacks) along the outside grommets to hold it down from winter winds. I use wire cable and a rope to hold it in place plus the sandbags. If the cover falls into the pool it is almost impossible to remove in the winter months. I find that an old porous cover is much better than a new cover. Rain and snow melt and fall though the cover and drain out of the pool. I just need to keep mice from finding a home in my drain pipes and fittings. I also need to remove leaves that fall on the cover. I do that with a garden hose or my power washer. The photo at left just shows the sandbags I placed yesterday, the rest of the pool has just a few sandbags. I will finish up the sandbags today and place my wire cable on today or tomorrow. I still have to drain the pool down 18 " and then drain the water from all the fittings. I will do that once the cover is secure. In the picture the cover is not secure.

1 comment:

  1. Today it's 94 degrees here and the pool would feel mighty good. It wasn't supposed to get that hot. We were expecting 78.
    Glad you have that big job of winterizing the pool almost done.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete