Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Providing a Service

When I was in my twenties I used to get my shirts cleaned and pressed as the Dry Cleaners. The Dry Cleaner provided a service. Today our local government in town hires a contractor to pick up our trash they provide a service to the community and they bill me. Sometimes I go to McDonald's and get a Coffee Mocha which I like, McDonald's provides a service. It requires too much effort on my part to create a Coffee Mocha.
Are you getting the point?
All around us human beings are providing a service. It really does not matter what the service is we pay by work, barter, tax or cash out of our pockets. Sometimes these services are almost invisible or taken for granted as in the vaults at the bank to protect our assets or the wide super highways we travel on.
Our great society is constantly moving, working, generating and painting.
Someone or our government is providing a service and we are paying for that service.

The man above and to our left decided that we were paying too much for the services provided and decided to give us our money back and we were tickled to death that we were finally going to get money back because we have been paying for the services for years and it was about time we got our money back.
There is one problem with that, we were emptying the vaults that were paying for the services. The banks decided to move the money into hiding and write each one of us a check (don't forget that the vaults are empty). Well after 6 years of empty promises we exploded.
Do we now understand why we want to tax the rich as they were 10 years ago. I think we should all be taxed but most of us are unemployed. The unemployed do not pay taxes. The only human beings that have any money are the employed and the rich.
***
How many of us are wealthy enough to hire someone to create an ad on TV?
I know that the unemployed are not the ones creating the ads. The folks that are paying for the ads are the ones that need to be taxed or as I say pay for the service provided.

1 comment:

  1. Unemployment benefits are taxable or at least were taxable when I received them and I was unemployed at the time. The benefits were taxable by the state government and taxes are taxes no matter what government (state or federal) collects them.

    ReplyDelete