Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We have a water leak. It is cold but coming from under the water heater. Anything to do with gas water heaters in Kentucky requires a licenced plumber.
We had it fixed and now we have a new shut off valve. The old valve was spraying on the water heater and not our wall so it was a little bit invisible to the eye of a normal human being. A plumbers eye found the leak by crawling and poking, inspecting and fudging (he followed the money for him that's water).
Mom fixed a great brunch as I finished the deck. The deck just needs to dry in this intense heat and tomorrow I will start applying the sealer. "Gaahed!" that's back breaking, but there is no other way to do the job right. I do good floors and decks. I give um hell with a 4" brush.

2 comments:

  1. With natural gas you have to be more cautious. Having an explosion is much worse than having just a wet floor as a result of a 'do it yourself' plumbing job. I vote for the licensed plumber in this situation. If it was me I'd probably get the gas company guy out there to handle the turning on and off of the natural gas at the meter.

    Here's something to ponder:
    "If a man says something in the woods,
    and there are no women there,
    is he still wrong?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. dad, glad you got your deck almost done, your water heater fixed, and your ice maker fixed....hopefully talon will get better quickly and we will be able to see you guys soon. Only not Thursday. I have to report for Jury Duty.

    ReplyDelete