Saturday, July 31, 2010

Two Operating Systems

I now have two operating systems on my desktop (not mom's). I tried to do it on my laptop and it did not work because of my WIFI connection. But the other computer in Kitten Yarns room worked great. That computer now has Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) and Ubuntu 10.04.
The difficult thing is moving files back and forth between operating systems. I cloud compute and I have been doing that for some time. This blog is in the clouds as is Gmail, Picaso, Facebook and all your interactive games. So I can move files via gmail. I attach a file in gmail and send it to my alter ego. So when I am in the other operating system I open gmail and fetch my file.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds confusing...but I know how you like trying new things out :)

    ReplyDelete