Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Morning. I am a little foggy this morning but it is only before a cup of tea and a shower. It is 72 degrees outside this morning with a morning dew, not exactly summer weather. Our sky is blue and my heart feels good. Because of all the rain showers everything outside is crisp and bright, no dust, clean.
The photo is of my grandfather Pablo. I had never seen him so young. He lived to a nice 101 years of age. He worked with adobe and gardens. He fought alongside Pancho Villa before settling in Southern California.
He created an adobe home for Clark Gable, a Museum in San Gabriel and extensive work on the Mission San Gabriel. I just learned that he and his sons were given a place in the history of the Mission San Gabriel in their Museum.
As responsible as he was I am sure that he settled all our families problems with dignity as only a father could do.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Dennis. It was nice seeing such a young picture of my grandfather who always adoringly called me Mija. I hadn't thought of that word in half a century then when this picture popped up the word "mija" immediately came to mind. Also as I was looking at my grandparents (grave) headstone an overwhelming feeling that these are my parents who are buried there came over me, and I guess that's why I never missed my mother as much as you did, because Natalia was my real mother in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete