Monday, May 24, 2010

America's new culture war: Free enterprise vs. government control

This would be a good story had free enterprise had not left the county for free labor overseas. When our labor force lost their jobs when enterprises left for Mexico and China does not make this story understandable. The only free enterprises left in the county are small local shops that could not move so the theory of a culture war has no meaning.
If I hold stock in a big corporation that has left the country then I do have interest in the story. The majority of folks in this country with a day labor job live day to day with two part time jobs, they love the idea of free enterprise but have no open doorways other than their front door steps. The line was drawn when Corporate America left for cheaper labor overseas.
Labor unions had equalized the country keeping Corporate America honest. With labor gone there is no one left but the country itself to right the ship.

1 comment:

  1. Just because large companies left the country in order to use the free labor force doesn't give the government the right to control what we eat or where we buy our next meal from. I chose to be fat and I pay for my own medical insurance and if I want to eat a Big Mac then it should be my right to eat one. When the government can send me a personal chef to live in my home and prepare whatever I like or want to eat, at no cost to me, then it can take control. But until then let us have this one joy in life, eating out.

    I also enjoyed the toy in the Happy Meal every once in a while, it was a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete