Sunday, March 21, 2010

Electronics in cars

As upsetting as is my computer from time to time it crashes and I never know why it did it.
Do I expect a computer to control the braking and throttle of a car not to confound me from time to time. It has in just the reporting of it confounding a car owner and manufacturer. (I can't believe I spelled that right).
Is this the end of it happening? No!
I remember a GPS sending a computer geek to his death in the frozen mountains a few years back. I remember our Ford van that perplexed a garage mechanic by firing on just four cylinders on the left side only (that was before this was used to save gas.).
Computers have there place in robotics and cars but be it understood that they can go haywire when a little dust or moisture sends a plus instead of a minus in the vocabulary of electronics.
***
More about Computers

Computers sent, "

Brooklyn World War II vet Walter Martin and his wife, Rose, aren’t at the top of the NYPD’s most wanted list – it just feels that way.

Cops have swooped down on the law-abiding couple’s modest Marine Park home at least 50 times in the last eight years hunting bad guys – only to learn they were chasing a bad address.

They’ve come looking for murder and robbery suspects. Once, cops came hunting for one of their own – an NYPD officer accused of raping his 14-year-old stepdaughter."

1 comment: