Thursday, February 4, 2010


My dad was a hard worker but his flaw was women. He was good looking enough to just wink and POOF!! They were putty in his hands.
He never got over not having a wife and a girl friend and I mentally I never forgave him for that.
All human beings on the planet have a place to be, to be seen, to be adored, to be part of society. How do I place my being into this mixed up place of thought, I love them all. My dad kept his romances as quiet as he could I have placed mine in the open. What could I do? I am as puzzled as the world around me.
Human beings are selling space where space is only a name ( a balloon full of dreams). Buying stock in homes that are far fetched and belonging to a place in a distant bank that holds an empty account numbers.
My home is here and our account has traveled to three banks. Who am I paying and for what.
My dad and grandfather worked as hard as these pictures. My grandfather was as good as this garden at the Huntington Library and my father was as good as the work done in the yard above when he placed the sod from his own stock of grass shoots. The ground was leveled by the family with a level and sod was put in place. This yard was created from his idea of what should be there and then done. I can assume that hard work was part of the Diaz Family.

2 comments:

  1. I miss your dad, wish I could've gotten to know him better

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing our dad was, was a good landscaper and a perfectionist at building and landscaping. He utilized lots of child labor, but he made it fun so it didn't seem like work at all...to me.

    ReplyDelete