Monday, February 22, 2010

5.7-million mile journey

I am up very early. My body needed to be upright.
It is 48 degrees outside this very early morning and it is dark out and Endeavour the Space Shuttle has just landed at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
That is a lot of miles.
I watched a movie called Star Trek where a vehicle traveled billions of miles in space. Will that be the norm in our future or will our prays call for the end of days and watch this earth implode and the religions of the world bow in phrase as we blow up the planet as prophesied.
***
I went back to bed and just got up.
Our skies are over cast. I read a post as to how boring these blogs are to read. But that is not the point of the blog the point is the reference in time that it provides. I remember the only reference in time were books and reference books.
***
How many of us have a blog of history created by our parents? My niece says her blog is grandma's bedroom door where she posts photos and notes.
Some of us have journals put away for posterity. I only use the paper journal when the power is out. It is true that these paper and electric journals are not written in stone. Stone is the only thing that lasts.

1 comment:

  1. Who ever thinks blogs are boring should stop reading them. I think blogs are an excellent way of keeping in touch and telling your family stories. I would have loved it if my mother or my father would have kept a journal or a blog. Talk about something interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete