Thursday, November 12, 2009

I had to look at my watch to find out what period of time I am in as in, "What day is it (Mon-Fri)." or what day of the month is it as in, (Oct something or other). Does it really matter? Only if you want to get there on time. Where? Does it really matter?
Well I found out that I am in Western Kentucky on Thursday October 12, 2009.
It is nice here and the leaves fell off our trees yesterday. I have been wanting to take a picture of the 200 acres of brush removed from the ice storm that is being burned or composted along land adjacent to the expressway. Now that the leaves have fallen we are now reminded of what happened in February. The trees look bad. They are resilient and time will wash away the view that I see of this devastation.
**
I have a paper cut on my right thumb and it is annoying. I did not know I had it until I squeezed a lemon slice into my tea at Chong's in Paducah, Kentucky. OOOPS!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we even own a watch. We got rid of them when we retired. The sun is our guide except for Monday's.
    Our leaves are almost gone too, but our Sycamore tree is having a hard time letting go of all of its leaves. I think it feels naked without them. You ask when I know it's time to pay the bills? answer: the day the mailman delivers them

    ReplyDelete