Friday, September 4, 2009

Natural Selection

I though of Jesus when I read this recently. Jesus understood who he was and he told everyone who he was and they believed him so well that we are still talking about him today. That is a natural selection by humanity as a whole and that is one of the things Darwin was talking about in his book, "On the Origin of Species".
It is one thing to understand god and Jesus and it is another to worship him and exclude humanity as a whole.
We have a Ministress in town who does exclude parts of humanity and still extols the virtues of Jesus.
I grew up Catholic and wondered why Jews were punished? My friend Emory was Jewish and he felt the brunt of the pain and he rebelled. I have had two other Jewish friends and both rebelled. I could not understand religion in the old Christian terms that excluded humans and animals there had to be something that understood god. The bible was the first place to give me a clue in Genesis and the revolution in 1960's was the second clue when my young friends started passing out books on religion and philosophy on the communes. The words equality and freedom were ringing true as were the words of Jefferson, Gandhi, Siddhartha Gautama, Confucius and Tolstoy.
All these people were right. What was the common theme? Well they all opened theirs mouths to speak. And what did they speak about? What is the first thing that comes from your mind and out of your mouth when you see a beautiful sunset? When was this first uttered; I'll bet it was way before any languages were set on walls?
Am I getting closer to the truth or is the truth always passing before my eyes just as a human being walks near me going there and there. Is it my responsibility to understand them and also theirs to understand me.
Some folks were capable of writing or voicing their thoughts and we read about them because they touched our hearts.
We are all the books.
Natural Selection

No comments:

Post a Comment