Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wanting

I awoke in the middle of the night wanting to be.
The mind wants to look into a window.
My head is pressed against the glass looking in.
This is one of those moments where love wants you elsewhere.
Why do I keep repeating those vows? Why should there be a longing in this soul?
Have I not learned my lessons; hasn't the teacher written the formula on the blackboard; wasn't it all explained in great detail?
I know those answers.
There is a great need to be loved, appreciated, cherished and adored. I do not think that I am much different from anyone else. Age does not lesson our needs. I wish I could walk like the gods amongst the flowing flowers in today's breezes.
The key question is the wanting.
There is life, it is at my feet, there is love, and it is in my being.
So why did I awake in the middle of the night longing for lost vows?
Why did I so easily forget my place in the sun?
The key question is the wanting.
Did something break that bond that was sealed so long ago? Did the mother just now wean the child in this mornings dream? There is a tang, a splinter, and a crack in this bond. There is a chain that is dragging around my neck.
Is it love and a vow?
I think it is, it is like sweet cream, a warm flow, a guiding light, a walking hand in hand, a splendid sunset, a warm emotion.
Those feeling want to leave and I know they shouldn't. Time heals all wounds. So maybe the satellite will hover over my head and all will be well.
Life should be swell. I still want peace.
My answers have not come like a revelation. There is no supreme angel of love that will drop from my heaven and grasp me and soothe my heart. There should be, there was and life has changed.
The vegetables and the flowers will still be in the garden in the morning. The dew will be on the grass.
The goldfinches and the hummingbird will still dart about my morning skies.
This emotion has moved from my mind to this screen. Hopefully some mind will understand this old man and see that we all pang in our lifetime. This is not an ailment that is just for the young but an ailment of all of mankind.
+
I took a nap; it is now 7 am, what was I thinking about at 3 am this morning? It was important, I guess I'll just have to read what I wrote, this morning is a warm gray in color and feel, Motherkitty has gone to work.
+
I feel more at home now and I realize that this planet is just below my feet.
That is a statement that we all can make. Yes, this is remarkable sphere that we live and walk on.
I am told that it is round.
I awoke in the middle of the night wanting to be loved.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you just say to me, "Love the one you're with?"

    I understand exactly.

    ReplyDelete