Saturday, June 20, 2009

God's Little Acre

Today I move a brush pile. The act cleans the pile, cuts the weeds there, chases slithering thing away, makes brittle branches smaller and gives me some exorcise.
Moving my brush pile reminded me of a Sergeant looking down at a newly dug fox hole then telling the Private in the hole to move it over there, pointing to a new location and that reminded me of the book, "God's Little Acre".

I read God' Little Acre sometimes in my 20's and it told me of a different point of view - giving me a different slice of life. The book is overly charged with an excess of violence, sex, dumb things, sweat and filth, strange accents and the ability to make the south look like trailer trash.
I did enjoy it and do recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Why would you move the brush pile from one place to another. Just leave it where it is and get a burn permit.

    ReplyDelete