Sunday, May 24, 2009

For (and) the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know I will

I am up at 5am listening to, " I will" by McCarthy and "Operator" by Jim Croce. I am thinking about my mother. I do this every Memorial Day. All the violent emotions my mother went through with my father come to an emotional head and I pick this day to remember all those who fought for freedom and lost their lives doing it. Happy Mothers Day Mom.

Wish list.
Say Hello to old friends.

Go watch the Puppets play.

Go watch mom and dad at the park.

Sidewalks and paths for people on foot and on bicycles for all of America.

I think Mr.Williams is on the right Path, help him out.
***
What do you do?
I did work.
Now I paint pictures with a computer.
Why? I remember writing love letters to people when I was younger.
I drew hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades, flowers with petals in pastel tones,
I wrote the word LOVE and colored it in pastel.
I wrote WE ARE and did the same.
What was I doing?
I was putting you in a place and time, which hopefully is the present.
Hopefully a pleasant place.
Maybe a place to see a flower or smell a biscuit.
Do you remember walking the HAIGHT and just staring at the posters?
Is this FLOWER POWER?
I guess that is why LAUREL keeps me around.
We put each other in our place, which is usually home.


I will remember Memorial Day as the day of the mother/soldier. My mother fighting off my father to defend her children from the great war in our family only to disappear beyond the thoughts of this nation/man.
I will remember all mothers who fight off the drunken rebel and the tyranny of their broken lives.
I will remember all the women and men who fought and died in the struggle to stay sane in our world gone mad.
I will remember Memorial Day as the nation of men and women who died fighting off the tyranny to make our country free from the evils of mankind.
Our Gererations of Love comes streaming through the Valley to our Hearts.

1 comment:

  1. On Memorial day I honor those who have served in the armed forces in our country. So I stopped in just to say thank you for faithfully serving in our armed forces for my freedom and my childrens as well.I respect and honor and love you today Dennis. Happy Memorial Day to you!

    ReplyDelete