Thursday, April 23, 2009

I slept in; it is now 0735 I am normally up and about between 0500 and 0600. It is strange sleeping in. Our morning sun has been up for a while; the school buses are on their routes and the birds have full bellies.
Today I will mow the lawn and maybe remove the pool cover.
It is peaceful in Kentucky.
Two police cars just drove by; at this time of morning young adults are driving to school. There was a fender bender in front of our home behind our lilac bush. I heard wheels spin, brakes and thump. When I went out a truck was moving from behind the lilac bush and 10 seconds later I saw a small car with damage on its hood. I assumed that that was the thumped car.
Polly-I is sitting outside our window waiting to come in. Poll-I is our pizza kitty; she was found on our tire during a hard thunder storm soaking wet and looking like a drowned rat. We were eating pizza at a pizza place 20 miles away during a thunder storm when a customer came in and told the waitress that she saw a kitten on the front wheel of a van outside. The waitress came over and asked us, "Is that your van outside?" and we said, "Yes." She told us about the kitten. We were about finished and we boxed what was left and went out to the van where Motherkitty went to the wheel and took the wet little rat; I opened the van door and jumped in grabbed a hand towel we keep in the van and Motherkitty placed the soaked kitten in the towel in my lap. We started home with the cat in the towel, the pizza box on the floor and I drying the fluffy gray ball. When the cat was dry I opened the pizza box, got out some pepperoni and laid it on a napkin on the floorboard and put the kitten down there. The kitten spread it's legs out as if defending it's meal of pepperoni pizza. When it was done it curled up in my hands and lay still until we got home. We have a picture of her in my hands somewhere in this house?
Motherkitty has had her tea (I fixed her a pot of tea while she slept) and is now washing clothes. Time for a cup of coffee and some nebulizer therapy.

1 comment:

  1. That was sweet how you cradled that little wet ball of gray fluff in your hands. I always knew that you were a sweet guy and here you've gone and proved it :)

    I see that you're taking good care of Motherkitty and that's really nice. Take care and don't let her overdue.

    love you

    ReplyDelete