Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The night was warm and comfortable. I have a TV tower (It is down on the ground in four sections.) and I thought of putting a wind turbine up there. The problem is that the torque would rip that side of the house down. My problem is the soft earth around our home because of the water table below us. I would have to build a foundation for the tower to stand alone.
***
The kitten is sinew and muscle steel and a holy terror to all the other cats. He met his match when he met the tom outside; he knows when to come in if things get out of hand. He mock fights George the big fat neutered male. Polly-I and the white females are hunters and have nothing to do the young kitten. They are stronger than George. I awoke with the birds singing this morning but we have no birds at the feeders. The kitten was learning to hunt at the feeders yesterday. He plays hard and just falls- falls asleep. He is sitting on the rocker like a lion. Allycat is at my side listening to the birds (she is blind).
***
It is quiet now all activity has come to a halt. The kitten has come to my side and listens to the outside noises. A tractor, air brakes, bird chirps and a cycling sound from the kitchen (the dishwasher). We have easter grass growing but it is not tall enough to hide a easter bunny.

1 comment:

  1. A wind turbine would sure get you started off to being self sufficient.

    Today has been a beautiful day and now is winding down. I'm settled in and watching Ratatouille, that cute little rat who loves to cook movie.

    I love kittens and to watch them grow & play. Some of our older cats are still playful, and the baby kittens are standing up and trying to walk towards us when we talk.

    Moved our new HDTV to another repair shop where it can possibly get repaired. The TV is barely over a year old and stopped working. The first repair shop has had the TV since January, so maybe this one will hopefully fix it.

    Take care.
    love you

    ReplyDelete