Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Temple City High School

I was in a high school band for one year (my freshman year). Temple City High in Temple City California.
I just heard Harlem Nocturne it was one of the songs we played in the band.
The song Harlem Nocturne brought on this reflection in time.
We played most all of Sousa's marches in the band.
Funiculi Funicula by Luigi Denza
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (1952) - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
We played all these songs in my freshman year.
We recorded a record (two sides (red vinyl)) in the year I was in the band. We played very well and we were invited to march in the Rose Parade but our band leader thought that 5 miles was too long to march. Our school colors were green and gold. Our marching uniforms were green bold and light gray.
I think we moved away my sophomore year, I am not sure?

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how hearing certain songs brings back such wonderful memories of years gone by. I remember Temple City High because it was next to my middle school.

    ReplyDelete