Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Motherkitty is up early watching CNN. The inauguration crowds are already in place and with temperatures in the 20's history is going to show some frostbite on someone ears twenty years from now. I hope they brought some blankets and battery operated leg warmers.
It is 20 degrees here at home in Marion Kentucky.
I have been slowly staying up later trying to adjust my schedule so that I quit getting up at 0300. I got up at 0400 this morning some things are getting better.
We spent the day with Kitten Yarn and family and the big thing yesterday was getting Little Sister some Shoe Laces. We walked into Walmart with her laces flopping on the floor. I did my home work and measured her old laces (48") and decided that they were a foot too long. So I kept repeating to my self and the girls that 48" was 4 feet. Four feet minus one foot is three feet. (3'). I asked the girls if the cats had 3 feet. They said, "N0!" I asked them to count the cats feet and they realized that by counting to four they had to travel by 3. So we made a big deal of not 4 feet but 3 feet for her laces. When we got the shoe department at Walmart we removed "Little Sisters" sneakers with her long long laces and with each of us with a task we removed the long long laces from her sneakers as I grabbed a set of 36" (3feet) laces from the display. The first set was white with red hearts and the second choice was something like strawberry shortcake. Well the strawberry shortcake won so the team replaced her laces in her sneakers and believe it or not they looked perfect and did not flop on the department store floor.
We ate lunch at a Pizza place that has those play areas with those colored balls that children jump into. We spent two hours at the pizza place eating, talking and playing. Long Hair Daddy said to call when we got close to the Pizza place so we called. His phone would not ring on our end and his end. Kitten Yarn called the service but there was no answer on the Holiday.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I love spending my time....having fun with children & grandchildren doing the simplest of things.

    ReplyDelete