Friday, January 23, 2009

Buena Vista Social Club - Candela

I got the rocking chair fixed and it is solid though it has three plugs in the side of the seat where the screws were put. I will fill these holes with blond southern pine wood paste but it will still look repaired. The only other solution is store bought edge wood laminate.
I also worked outside manhandling the TV tower and I am a little stiff this morning from that chore. I still have to cut the tower from the concrete base and disassemble the twisted antennae.
Tomorrow is Long Haired Daddy's birthday.
The day looks light and cheerful and the temperature is in the mid 40's.
All Motherkitty wants to hear on the radio is music from the 1940's and that is a big change from The Rolling Stones. She does play the Buena Vista Social Club on her way to work.
1200 When Motherkitty left for work I was sanding the underside of the rocking chair. Motherkitty did not say anything but I am sure she was wondering if I was going to refinishing the rocking chair. The rocker has a great old finish that does not need refinishing (cleaning yes but not refinishing). What I was doing was gathering sawdust from the chair to mix with Elmer's glue so when the plugs I filled would dry they would be closer to the chair color (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. I had to fill in a crack once and I used some of the sawdust mixed with glue and it worked fine.

    Is that a new or old picture of Kitten Yarn and LH Daddy?

    Be careful with your back & that TV tower and take it slow & easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. old pic....that was before I was even pregnant with Natasha but after we bought our house....after 98, before 20001

    ReplyDelete