Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am up early and the weather forecast was for icicles and icicles we have. I do not think we going anywhere at this time.
We were supposed to go to the hospital this morning for Motherkitty's checkup.
I hear the sleets falling on the icicles as I speak.

1000 I cleared the bird feeder of icicles and I went out to get the mail. There may be ice underfoot but there is more sleet and with sleet you have traction. It may freeze over overnight and then it will be hard and bumpy; at the moment it is fine to move around in.
2000 The power went out about 9 pm and it came back on at 8:30 pm.
The power went off again at 2045. I am using this laptop on battery power to write. Without electrical power there is no light other than the candles and this white screen. We have burners on in the kitchen on the gas stove and we have windows cracked open in the bedrooms. I will stay up till 0300 while Motherkitty sleeps then I will turn the burners off, close one window and get some sleep. Kitten Yarns (Murray Kentucky) and her mother-in-laws (Paducah Kentucky) power was off. When this battery goes then I will have to write with pen and ink on paper.
10 pm The power is back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment