Saturday, January 10, 2009

50 degrees, gray and overcast, the trees are brown skeletons in my morning view.
The Kentucky Basketball team plays today at 1:00 pm central time then we have two pro football playoff games to watch.

We spent the day at Hopkinsville, KY yesterday. Motherkitty had a checkup and we also changed the vans oil while there.
Motherkitty bought me a kit to fix our leaking wash basin faucet. I will wait until Monday for that chore so if the house implodes while I am fixing the faucet we have some local stores open for advice.
***
Motherkitty had to send everyone her work schedule so that when they want to talk to her she will be available to talk to them.
***
I am hearing "Cruising Down the River" by Jack Smith. When I was young my cousin Annette had Scarlet Fever while at my grandmothers home (I was staying there) in Pasadena. All the grown-ups were standing around the bed watching the doctor (they made house calls then) tend to my cousin. Everyone was so busy that they forgot to notice me standing at the foot of the bed; when they finally saw me it was too late and I was placed in another room (my uncle Sam's and Rudy's room ). Our home was quarantined. Anyway I did suffer from the Scarlet Fever but I got to look out the window and listen to music on the radio (which I did not remember doing before that time). The songs played over and over so some songs became very familiar. That is why I mentioned the song above.

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess I know what we'll be doing this afternoon...watching Kentucky play basketball.
    It's raining anyway and looks about the same out our windows here too.

    That's very smart of you not to work on fixing a faucet on a weekend. I once gave this little knob a tiny twist at the bottom of a water heater and it broke off and water rushed everywhere. I stuffed a rag in the hole while I went to Lowes but it was closed, everywhere was closed. Someone finally found the main water shutoff, so we had no water for the entire weekend.

    On another occasion, in this house while Jimmy was at work I was running water into the sink to do the dishes and leaned on the water spout and it came off at the base. Water was squirting high up into the air onto the ceiling and floor and I was getting soaked. First I tried stuffing my fingers in the hole to stop the water, but that only made the water squirt higher so then I tried to attach the spout back on the base. I finally got it attached after several minutes of struggling and fighting off the spraying water and once the spout was firmly in place I twisted the knobs and shut the water off. The kitchen & I were drenched and I had quite a cleanup to do. Thank goodness it was only water.

    Later I turned on the water while Suzanne was here and I was telling her what had happened and I leaned on the spout, to simply show her what I had done, and it fell off again and she quickly just reached over and turned off the water using the knobs averting a big mess.
    Why didn't I think of that?

    When I told Jimmy what had happened he decided to replace the whole thing so that it wouldn't happen again...and the kitchen hasn't been as clean since. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a leaky faucet in my bathroom too.....

    ReplyDelete