Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday night and I am up out of bed; old men go to bed early and I did and I am up again. I took my medicine and now I am reflecting on our day. Our daughter and children were over for the night "Friday Night" and we were up early "Saturday Morning". Motherkitty was off to work at 0400 and "Kitten Yarn, The Children and I were gone from here in Marion at 0800 on a trip to Paducah to go "Ice Skating" at the rink there in Paducah. "Dancer Girl" and her "Little Sister" went ice skating for the 2nd time this winter. That was an early morning Saturday treat for everyone. Very cold fingers and toes, bumped bottoms, wet noses and wonderful glides on the frozen ice were a sight to see. I stayed with Talon and Kitten Yarn helped the girls. Motherkitty joined us after work.
After the girls thawed out in the van we took them to WalMart for some new dry mittens and new dry socks which they changed in the aisles. After that we found a place to eat then shop and do some chores. By then Motherkitty said that she had been awake since 0100 and wanted to go home so we kissed the girls and headed for home. When we were back home Kitten Yarn called (an hour later) and said that she was back home in Murray.
A very nice day with a lot of Christmas Spirit.
Thank You Dear God and your young children on planet earth.
A Gift in December

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time too, Dad. We came home and Jason was already here and it was good to see him. He said he was taking off Tuesday (yay) and I hope no new deadlines appear before then. I know he has a major deadline on Dec.31 so it will be working around the clock for the rest of the year, though. I printed Bambi for the children to color today. thanks dad, love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip to go ice skating sounded much like our biweekly trips with Matthew to the ice skating rink when he was younger. It's wonderful getting together with grandchildren and watching them have fun.

    I remember that sometimes it was very difficult getting to the rink in Lexington because of the icy roads either going or coming back home but he had to be there for ice hockey practice, and it was a joy to watch him play.

    ReplyDelete